Sample teaching resumes
This page provides sample teaching resumes. To get the most from these resume examples it is recommended that you review what it is you should be looking for in sample teaching resumes.
See getting the most out of free resume examples here.
The following sample teaching resume will give you an idea of the format to use and the information to include.
(guidance notes on particular resume areas are shown in red):
Work history is more important than education, so work history is stressed up front; further, the opening certification shows candidate has necessary qualifications.
Address ~ Address ~ Phone ~ Email
Certified K-8 teacher with K-12 reading certification.
Opens with appropriate certification/qualifications.
Described by parents and teachers as:
Industrious ~ Positive ~ Diligent ~ Personable ~ Professional ~ Organized ~ Enthusiastic Knowledgeable
Original twist on introductory information
- Dedicated elementary teacher with comprehensive background providing quality instruction and fostering a positive learning environment.
- Demonstrated ability to provide strategic classroom management, organization, and effective discipline.
- Possess cross-functional background in all levels of curriculum development and implementation.
- Proven history of assuming responsibility and meeting deadlines.
- Strong organizational, leadership, problem solving, and technical skills including extensive knowledge of an instruction in word processing, databases, and related software.
Solid overview of what candidate will bring to the position rather than traditional objective statement of what candidate hopes to gain.
SCHOOL DISTRICT, Location Present
Provide on-call and scheduled instruction for elementary and middle school students.
- Developed excellent rapport with students and staff as demonstrated by continual requests by elementary, special education, and middle school teachers.
- Fulfill student needs by adapting to all grade levels, conducting quality teaching, and maintaining a comfortable and safe learning environment.
SCHOOL DISTRICT, Location 2003 - Present
Head Teacher, Child Care
Directed planning, development and implementation of classroom activities; ensured children's social, physical, spiritual, and mental development in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures.
- Ensured harmonious relationships between staff members, volunteers, and the public.
- Complied with state licensing regulations for attendance, meal participation, and incidents documentation requirements.
SCHOOL DISTRICT, Location 2001 - 2003
Kindergarten Teacher / Librarian
Oversaw all elements of classroom instruction and management including planning and implementation of lessons, progress documentation and observation, and assessment and evaluation of student needs.
- Introduced inclusive program to track student progress and cultivated a positive learning environment by promoting mental, social, emotional, and motor skills development.
- Instructed students and faculty in library media skills and implemented comprehensive library skills program to assist students in basic research strategies.
SCHOOL DISTRICT, Location 1999 - 2001
First Grade Teacher / Computer Teacher: Grades 4-6 / Reading: Grade 3
Recorded and monitored student progress, planned and prepared lessons, and evaluated and assessed student needs for multi-grade curricula.
- Promoted a strong nurturing learning environment through supervision and implementation of classroom instruction.
- Facilitated and guided reading, writing, and oral language skills and delivered highly skilled reading intervention instruction.
All bullet points begin with action verbs.
Bachelor of Arts, Elementary Education, 1997
Some additional sample teaching resumes can be found here.
Please be careful not to get too distracted by looking at resume sample after resume sample - this is the surest way to spend half a day without achieving anything. Rather use the information given here to easily create your own teaching resume.