Sample Computer Programmer Resume
Free sample computer programmer resume
The following sample computer programmer resume provides a basic overview of the direction that this type of resume can take.
You can alos refer to;
- Other free resume samples on this site (opens in a new window) as well as
- Vital resume writing tips and information (new window) provided on the rest of the site to get an idea of how to best combine your technical expertise with your career level to write a brilliant computer programmer resume.
Comments in red indicate key issues for computer programmers.
| First Name Last Name
City,State, Zip, Country
- Award-winning programmer with experience in multiple areas of technology and management.
- Proven track record of providing exceptional customer support across industries.
Brief introduction to the computer programmer resume summarizes candidate.
Technologies: PERL programming, shell scripting, VI syntax highlighting, Linux, UNIX, CVS/version control,
Ultra-edit, basic networking and troubleshooting.
Software: VI, Microsoft Office Suite; Word, Excel, Outlook.
Operating Systems: Windows 2000, Windows XP, LINUX.
Technical skills listing can be expanded - especially with regard to recent technology or any specific technology requested in the job posting. Do not list outdated and/or irrelevant technologies.
COMPANY, City, State 2000 - 2004
Well known programming company, etc.
Applications Programmer (2002 - 2004)
Develop programs that parse/read credit bureau information to determine if credit applicants meet eligibility requirements forth by client.
- Developed overall design of client's projects including converting from clipper to SQL and updating systems processes to newer technologies.
- Assist customers outside scope of project; find innovative solutions to meet customer needs.
- Run test cases on program according to client specifications; test all aspects of criteria to ensure more accurate representation of demographic is tested.
Technical Support (2000 - 2002)
Acted as first line of contact for customer support issues and maintained operating systems.
- Answered customer questions,
- identified proper account if unknown;
- opened ticket on issue and resolved numerous issues to avoid customer needing to contact project management.
Bullet points begin with action verbs; information stresses customer service in addition to technical work.
Bachelor of Computer Science, 2001
SCHOOL/UNIVERSITY NAME, Location
Completed additional training in network management, UNIX servers, C, C++ programming, and java script.